Apply for NC AgVentures Grant
We are not accepting applications. Please check back Nov., 2019
NC AgVentures provides grants to NC farmers for new and innovative agricultural project ideas that will increase their farm profits. This grant program was designed to strengthen family farms that were negatively impacted by the downturn of the tobacco economy. Grants are available to NC family farms in the following counties: Duplin, Edgecombe, Forsyth, Greene, Guilford, Harnett, Johnston, Lenoir, Martin, Nash, Pitt, Rockingham, Sampson, Stokes, Surry, Wayne, Wilson and Yadkin.
(If your county is not listed click on this link.)
Grant proposal criteria
- The project must increase farm income and/or maintain employment opportunities on the farm
- The proposal must be adequately researched
- The budget must be realistic
- The applicant must have the skills to complete the project or have identified technical assistance to help them implement a successful project
- The project must become self-supporting and/or enhance farm growth.
- The proposal must be typed on a NC AgVentures application and reviewed by a NC Cooperative Extension agent
Grant Winner Responsibilities:
- Provide a minimum of 15% or more of the total grant award
- Attend a grant winner’s orientation meeting in February 2019.
- Submit an Interim and a Final Report, plus copies of receipts for project expenditures
- Keep accurate production and financial records on the project and supply a copy of those records at the completion of the project
- Consult with an Extension agent about the grant project.
- Lessons learned: Grant recipients will be asked to share information about their project and what they have learned, with other farmers in the community.
- Notify AgVentures staff of any planned tours or public events on the farm throughout grant year
- Engage with the Extension agent to plan farm visits during the grant year
- Allow Extension to include the recipients’ projects in public relations, outreach, demonstration and education in 2019 or future years
- Complete the project by December 15, 2019
- Plan a public education event or project demonstration to share what was learned with other farmers
- Provide a summary of the project one year after completion
- Recognize NC AgVentures and the NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission as the funders/supporters of the project in all materials/marketing/advertising used to promote the project (NC AgVentures will provide appropriate logos and usage guide).
Mandatory Application Instructions and Deadlines
- Applications must be typed on the NC AgVentures application form.
- One application per farm.
- All applications must be reviewed by an NC Extension Agent before final submission
- Provide two reference letters of support.
To request an application form, email the Program Coordinator Jackie Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following:
Subject Line: Type NC AgVentures Application in the subject line
- Your Name
- Farm Address
- Name of NC Extension Agent, if you are working with an Agent