Apply for NC AgVentures Grant
Sponsored by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission
- We will begin accepting applications Oct. 15th, 2020
- Submissions are limited to 250 applications
- Deadline for applications is 7 p.m. December 18th, 2020
- Grant awards up to $8000
- One application per farm
NC AgVentures is a Cooperative Extension program that provides grants to NC family farms and community organizations that support family farms, to develop new and innovative agricultural projects which will increase farm profits.
Two Grant Options
- Individual Farmer grants for independent family farms
- Community Grants
Extension agents, farming associations, local schools, churches and civic groups are eligible.
- A Livestock Association could purchase portable corral equipment for members to share/rent.
- The local farmers market could get a grant to expand or update the facility.
- A community grant should directly benefit 3 or more family farms
- Based in one of the 46 counties.
- Three of the growers must have a tobacco connection
- No limit on the size of the collaboration
- May include farms in other counties
Tips for writing a successful application:
Let your Cooperative Extension Agent know that you plan to submit an application and set up a time to meet by phone or in person. If you are not working with an Agent contact your local Extension office and speak with County Extension Director about your project goals.
Grants are available to NC family farms and community organizations that support family farms in the following counties:
Alamance, Alexander, Alleghany, Anson, Ashe, Cabarrus, Caswell, Catawba, Chatham, Davidson, Davie, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Forsyth,, Gaston, Granville, Greene, Guilford, Halifax, Harnett, Iredell, Johnson, Lincoln, Martin, Mecklenburg, Nash, Northampton, Orange, Person, Pitt, Randolph, Rockingham, Rowan, Sampson, Stanly, Stokes, Surry, Union, Vance, Wake, Wayne, Wilson, Wilkes, Warren, Yadkin
(If your county is not listed click on this link.)
Grant Winner Responsibilities:
Arrange a time for your Agent to visit your farm. Your Agent should continue to be a resource and technical advisor throughout the year as you work on your grant project.
Provide a minimum of 15% or more of the total project funds
Provide copies of receipts and photos to document grant project expenditures
Provide two grant reports, including income and expenses and a program survey
Grant recipients must be available by email or phone throughout he year. Email access is very helpful.
Recipients will recognize NC AgVentures and North Carolina Tobacco Trust Fund Commission as the funders/supporters of the project in all materials/marketing/advertising used to promote the project.
- Attend a grant winner’s orientation meeting.
- Allow Extension to include the recipients’ projects in public relations, outreach, demonstration and education in future years
- Complete the project by March 31.
Contact the Program Coordinator for questions about the Application. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you having trouble logging into the application: Please reach out to Submittable’s Customer Support team with any technical questions at email@example.com