Apply for NC AgVentures Grant
NC AgVentures is an Extension program that provides grants to NC independent family farms for new and innovative agricultural project ideas which will increase farm profits. This is a great opportunity for any producer who is thinking of diversifying, improving, or expanding their operation.
Deadline for applications is January 14th, 2020
Grant awards up to $8000
One application per farm
Two Grant Options
Individual Farmer grants for independent family farms
Extension agents, farming associations, local schools, churches and civic groups are eligible.
- A Livestock Association could purchase portable corral equipment for members to share/rent.
- The local farmers market could get a grant to expand or update the facility.
- A community grant should directly benefit 3 or more family farms
- Based in one of the 46 counties.
- Three of the growers must have a tobacco connection
- No limit on the size of the collaboration
- May include farms in other counties
Grants are available to NC family farms in the following counties: Alamance, Alexander, Alleghany, Anson, Ashe, Cabarrus, Caswell, Catawba, Chatham, Davidson, Davie, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Forsyth,, Gaston, Granville, Greene, Guilford, Halifax, Harnett, Iredell, Johnson, Lincoln, Martin, Mecklenburg, Nash, Northampton, Orange, Person, Pitt, Randolph, Rockingham, Rowan, Sampson, Stanly, Stokes, Surry, Union, Vance, Wake, Wayne, Wilson, Wilkes, Warren, Yadkin (If your county is not listed click on this link.)
Grant Winner Responsibilities:
- Provide 15% or more of the total grant project with your funds
- Attend a grant winner’s orientation meeting.
- Submit an Interim and a Final Report, plus copies of receipts for project expenditures
- Consult with an Extension agent about the grant project.
- Allow Extension to include the recipients’ projects in public relations, outreach, demonstration and education in future years
- Complete the project by the end of the grant year.
If you having trouble logging into the application or with the application: Please reach out to Submittable’s Customer Support team with any technical questions at email@example.com
EXTENSION AGENTS: To locate and review applications go to Agent Resources on the left menu for directions.